Terms and Conditions of Bouncy castle/Softplay Hire
Booking fees are now required on all Bouncy Castle bookings, as we have many customers requesting the same dates the booking fees paid is to secure the date. If you do not pay the Booking fee at time of booking the booking will be cancelled with no reminders being sent.
£20 booking fee are required on the softplay/ball pit hire. This booking fee also serves as a ‘damages deposit’ Therefore, the full amount will be due on the day and your deposit will be returned upon collection providing all the equipment is in the same clean, working condition it was delivered and signed for in.
Rest of the payment is due, in cash, on delivery of the hire. If your payment is not ready upon delivery, we will not be able leave the equipment with you.
You can pay by Bank transfer or Paypal, payment should make it one week before the event. If we will not receive your payment in time we can cancel your booking.
Delivery and Setup
There needs to be a responsible adult present that understand, accept and sign our hire agreement. This will also be sent to you via email / post.
Please Note: Due to the High risk of theft and damage of our Hire items we now require two forms of ID, one of these needs to be photo ID of the person who made the booking along with a proof of address dated within the last three months (but not a Credit Card statement or Mobile Phone Bill). These must both be shown to the driver before setup failure to supply these will cause the booking to be cancelled.
- We can not locate the inflatable on concrete/tarmac/gravel/paving/artificial grass (fake grass)/soil or sand, due to health and safety guide lines. If when we arrive to setup at the address, we find the wrong surface type we can’t set up the castle the booking fee will not be refunded
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to check the site measurements for the required package, and also to ensure that there is adequate space surrounding the play equipment. If sufficient space is not available at the venue site for the package ordered we won’t set it up and the booking fee will not be refunded.
- The Hirer’s responsibility check that the venue allows Bouncy Castles, if the venues not accept Bouncy Castles and we turn up the booking fee will not be refunded.
- We cannot setup on any land not owned or rented by yourself (eg Council land out front/back of property). When we arrive to find you do not have a garden we won’t set it up and the booking fee paid will not be refunded,
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure easy access to the venue for unloading and loading of equipment. Any restrictions (lack of parking, stairs, narrow doorways etc.) must be reported to Dancing Stars P.S. prior to the event. Please make sure all gates, walkways/passages where we carry the castle is clean from any objects and minimum 3 foot wide. Under no circumstances can we take any hire item through the house
- The Hirer must agree that the area where the goods are to be situated will be free from obstructions, debris and that there is strictly no dog foul (for outdoor bookings) where the equipment is to be sited, before our drivers arrive.
- The packages include free setup and delivery to venues within 10 miles of Kenley. Venues beyond this will incur a delivery fee. Please contact us for details.
- We will endeavour to arrive and setup on time, however, Dancing Stars P.S. cannot be held liable for delay incurred due to circumstances beyond our control (for example – traffic congestion, adverse weather etc.).
- If the event of adverse weather on the day, such as heavy snow or ice which would be dangerous to travel in, we reserve the right to cancel the booking. In such cases we will return any deposit.
- All our equipment will be delivered in a clean and sanitary state. Should there be significant dirt or staining upon collection the Hirer will be made liable for professional cleaning costs. Equipment must be collected clean and undamaged for the full refund to be issued. If there is any damage, however slight, or any lost/stolen equipment the deposit will not be returned on collection. Equipment will be brought back to our Depot and an assessment carried out to determine how much you’ll be charged for a repair or replacement. If equipment damaged or lost is over the cost of £20, you will be expected to pay the full amount for the equipment priced as brand new within 7 days of the date of hire.
- Balls from the ball pit must be collected and bagged before our arrival to collect equipment. If balls are not collected and bagged, £10 of the deposit will not be returned.
- Please ensure that equipment hired is not scattered around the venue. Equipment must be collected and placed back to the set up area so we do not spend time looking for items when we arrive to collect. This will also save you time if you have a set time to be out of a venue.
- Please do not release our equipment to anyone other than our delivery drivers. If the driver who delivers to you is not the driver who will collect from you they will inform you and give you a description of the person/people coming to collect to avoid confusion and theft of our equipment.
Health & Safety
- The Hirer must ensure the equipment is supervised at ALL times by a responsible person over the age of 18, preferably the Hirer. Dancing Stars P.S. accepts no liability for any damage, accidents or injuries that may occur whilst the equipment is on hire should there not be a responsible adult supervising at the time of the incident.
- Dancing Stars will set up the equipment taking into account full safety of the children, and therefore large equipment, such as the ball pool or bouncy castle(s) must not be moved. We will not accept any liability for accidents, injury or damage during the period of hire if this has occurred. Photographs are taken to evidence this upon setup.
- The Soft Play/ball pit and Play Equipment is strictly for use by children under the age of 5 years. Under no circumstances should ADULTS play on the Soft Play or Play Equipment as this will, in time, result in damage to the Equipment or injury to the individual(s) / children.
- Adults must not lean or sit on any Soft Play, Ball Pool walls, Play Equipment. No climbing, hanging, sitting on the bouncy castle’s walls. no bounce on the front step.
- Do not allow children with medical conditions, which may put them at risk of injury (i.e. brittle bone disease or temporary injuries), to use the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s).
- Avoid mixing older children on the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s) at the same time as younger ones.
- No food, drink or chewing gum to be allowed on or near the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s), this will avoid choking and mess. If the equipment is collected in a dirty condition then the person hiring it will incur a cleaning charge.
- No glass drinking glasses or bottles to be used on or near the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s).
- STRICTLY no alcohol or drug use on or near the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s) – Dancing Stars P.S. will not be held liable for any damage, accidents or injury that occurs due to the consumption and effects of alcohol and/or drug use.
- Please ensure that the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s) is kept in a clean, dry condition. Any spillages must be cleaned and dried as soon as they occur – if we have to have the equipment professionally cleaned before the next hire, then you will incur a cleaning charge.
- Shoes MUST be removed before using the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s). Parents/guardians who enter the Soft Play area or walk over the padded floor tiles whilst supervising must remove their shoes, particularly heels. Any damage may result in the Hirer having to pay an additional fee for replacement or repair.
- For hygiene reasons, socks should be worn at all times whilst using the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s).
- The Hirer must ensure that all sharp objects, including but not limited to, badges, spectacles, earrings, jewellery etc. are removed prior to accessing the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s) to ensure it remains undamaged from but not limited to, scratches, tears, dirt (of any kind), detached from its connecting item (if applicable) and in the same working condition as delivered. If damage does occur the Hirer will incur a repair or replacement charge to be paid immediately, unless otherwise agreed.
- No face paints, party poppers, confetti, coloured streamers or silly string to be used either on or near the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s) – staining may occur for which the Hirer will be liable.
- Strictly NO acrobatics or gymnastics to be performed on the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s).
- Children must NOT push, collide, fight or behave in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others.
- Always ensure that no overcrowding occurs on all Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s), limit numbers according to the age and size of children using it.
- No furniture to be placed on the mats as this may cause damage.
- No smoking or barbecues near the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s).
- No pets or animals to be allowed on or near the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s).
- The Hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s). You will be charged for theft or any damage caused to it or for any items missing from it on its return. Full replacement charge for any missing items will incur. This includes any accessories which accompany the equipment, i.e. blowers, extension leads, mats etc.
- In the event of rain ALL Soft Play and Play Equipment must be covered or taken indoors / under cover to prevent it from getting wet and water damage occurring. All equipment must be towel dried thoroughly before use re-commences.
- Only Dancing Stars P.S. staff are authorised to collect the Soft Play, Play Equipment and Bouncy Castle(s) inflatable and equipment. Under no circumstances should any of the equipment be handed over to anyone other than our staff. If you are unsure of any staff member collecting please contact the owner on the telephone number provided.
- Please ensure you take all reasonable precautions to protect the equipment from damage.
- Most importantly please ensure that you take all reasonable precautions to protect the child from harm and danger.
It is your responsibility as the Hirer to read and understand these Terms and Conditions of Hire PRIOR to making a booking.
We will confirm acceptance of your booking immediately after you have confirmed your hire by us sending this in writing via e-mail to the email address you have provided to us or by letter to the postal address provided by you.
All prices are in UK Pounds and are inclusive of VAT where applicable, at the current rate. The price of the hire / goods will be as quoted on the web site at the time you confirm your order (usually by paying the deposit) subject only to any inadvertent technical error for which we will not be liable. If you subsequently amend your order, the prices charged will be those applicable to the amended item(s) at the time that the amended order is confirmed.
Promotions are only available until the stated end date.
The price of the hire of equipment does not include a charge for delivery outside of the 10 miles of Kenley.
In the event of unavailability for whatever reason, we will replace the unavailable item with the closest possible alternative and advise you of this at the earliest possible date.
Delivery is free within 10 miles of Kenley although we cover surrounding areas. Delivery costs outside of the 10 mile radius are to be discussed and agreed at the time of booking.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, neither will any of these terms restrict any of your statutory rights.
£5 Million public liability insurance is held by Dancing Stars P.S. with LeisureInsure.
All liability on our behalf is void should any injury occur due to the misuse of drugs and/or alcohol or non-adult supervision.
Dancing Stars Party Services Cancellation and Refund Policy
Here at Dancing Stars P.S. we understand that sometimes plans may change and it may become necessary to have to cancel or amend your booking with us. Our cancellation policy below set out our key points and circumstances and any cancellation fees that may be due and payable and if any refunds would be due.
Cancellation by Dancing Stars P.S. “The Company”
It is very rare for us to have to cancel a booking and as a company we have a great track record but we are also open to a large amount of issues that are beyond our control.
Cancellation due to reasons beyond our control a full refund of any monies or deposit paid, i.e vehicle breakdown, equipment breakdown, staff shortage. Any other reason, excluding health and safety grounds, lack of space or wrong surface type, are not included as these are outlined to be checked by the customer in their conformation e mail.
Cancellation by the Client
– All cancellations must be made over the phone during normal office hours.
– All cancellations will be confirmed in writing via email and this must be kept as your proof of cancellation. Cancellations cannot be taken by voice mail, text, email or any other methods.
– Any deposit or payments made are non-refundable and would be lost in the event of cancellation. However, if more than 14 days notice is given the deposit can be transferred to re-book on another day subject to availability
Bad Weather Policy
If there is constant rain, strong winds or storms forecast then we will need to cancel the booking due to health and safety for your guests using the inflatables and the safety of our inflatables. If we cancel a refund will be issued or you will be able to move your booking to a new date
We Dancing Stars P.S. still reserve the right to cancel the booking up to the point of delivery if the weather is bad.
If strong winds/rain are forecast we will contact you the day before the hire or the morning of the hire and give you a chance to rearrange the booking, if you still insist and want to go ahead with the booking and when we arrive the wind is stronger than recommended Beaufort scale of 28 kph (19 mph) or it’s heavy rain then we will have to cancel the booking and charge of 100% of the booking cost including delivery minus the booking fee paid for our loss of earnings, drivers time and fuel costs. All of our drivers carry a wind Anemometer and will show you the wind speed.